The SWANA Pacific Chapter (British Columbia & Yukon) is pleased to once again host SWANA Day on Wednesday, December 1, 2021 virtually.
The Planning Committee is now seeking abstracts that demonstrate progress made through lessons learned and success stories on the following topics:
- Waste Material Reduction
- Managing Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Responsible management of end-of-life renewable energy materials and infrastructure
- Product Stewardship and EPR
- Fiber / Paper
- Per- and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS)
- Waste to Energy
Please submit your abstracts by email to [email protected] by end of day Friday, September 30, 2021. Include the following in your submission:
- Topic from the above list or otherwise suggested;
- Presentation title of 15 words or less;
- Presentation summary of 300 words or less, and;
- Contact information and a brief biography (200 words or less) for the presenter(s).
Additional considerations include the following:
- Submissions will be considered based on alignment with the conference theme and topics; relevance to the expected audience; and focus on specific examples.
- Authors may submit more than one abstract.
- Authors of accepted presentations will be notified in writing by the end of October 2021.
- All selected presenters will be eligible to register for SWANA Day at a reduced presenter rate.
- Student submissions are encouraged. Presentations will be included and a student registration rate will be available.
- All SWANA Day presentations will be included in the proceedings (posted on the SWANA Pacific web page).
For more information on SWANA Day 2021 (as details are released), please visit swanabc.org/swanaday.