The SWANA Pacific Chapter – BC & Yukon is seeking to retain a Chapter Safety Ambassador.
- In November 2015, SWANA launched the Safety Ambassador Initiative at the Chapter Level as part of expansion of its Safety Matters Program.
- The Chapter Safety Ambassador is one of the Board of Directors for the Chapter, however being a Director is not a prerequisite for this position.
Overall Role: Chapter Safety Ambassadors organize and speak at chapter events about how to reduce accidents and injuries, and are the go-to person for safety resources within their region. Further information is available on the Safety Ambassador’s webpage, which includes a listing of all active Safety Ambassadors for the Association.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Watch SWANA’s Safety Ambassador Initiative Webinar (Mar 2016, 47 min) available online to familiarize yourself with the Program. The link to the Webinar for download (53.4MB zip file) is available here.
- Liaise with members and act as a resource on topics related to safety.
- Receive weekly Safety Monday eNewsletter and identify topics of interest to share via Chapter events and outreach materials.
- Organize sessions on safety related topics as part of Chapter Events (e.g. annual conferences).
- Participate in the Quarterly Chapter Safety Ambassador meetings by phone.
- Provide safety related content for Chapter newsletters.
- Report out at Quarterly Board Meetings and AGM on safety related milestones and initiatives of relevance to Chapter Members.
- There may also be an opportunity to Chair or participate in a safety working group for facility operators in BC, which members of the City of Vancouver and several other municipalities have voiced an interest in starting.
Desired Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 5 years of Solid Waste Experience
- Minimum 2 years of safety related training or on the job experience in safety related programs and projects
- Ability to host meetings that are efficient, on-time and solution oriented
- 2-5 hours per month
Interested candidates please apply by email to .