The Canadian chapters of the Solid Waste Association of North America and Dillon Consulting Limited are pleased to offer the Dillon Consulting Limited Scholarship. The scholarship is to assist and encourage full time students at a Canadian university working towards an undergraduate or post-graduate degree which may lead to a future career in solid waste, recycling or sustainable resource management.
The scholarship of $5000 a year is generously funded by Dillon Consulting Limited. Dillon is a Canadian, employee-owned professional consulting firm specializing in planning, engineering, environmental science and management.
To be eligible to apply for the Dillon Consulting Limited Scholarship you must:
- Be a full time student enrolled in a full course of studies (a four year undergraduate or a post-graduate program) leading to an undergraduate or post-graduate degree at a recognized post-secondary education institution in Canada, and
- Be enrolled in environmental science, engineering, resource management, public policy or other program which could reasonably lead to a career in solid waste management.
The recipient of the scholarship will be determined by a panel of SWANA members representing the five Canadian chapters and a representative of Dillon Consulting Limited. Selection will be based on academic achievement, relevance of program and activities to solid waste management and a written submission described in the application form.
Completed applications must be received by the appropriate SWANA chapter by May 2, 2022.
Applications should be submitted as follows:
- New Brunswick, Newfoundland & Labrador, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island – Atlantic Canada Chapter ([email protected])
- Quebec – Quebec Chapter ([email protected])
- Ontario – Ontario Chapter ([email protected])
- Alberta, Manitoba, Northwest Territories, Saskatchewan, Nunavut – Northern Lights Chapter ([email protected])
- British Columbia, Yukon – Pacific Chapter – BC & Yukon ([email protected])
The successful applicant will be notified before July 1, 2022.APPLICATION FORM