SWANA Days & AGM 2020
Virtual Online Event – December 1, 2 and 3, 2020
It is time for the Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA – Pacific Chapter – BC & Yukon) to gear up for SWANA Days 2020! This annual event creates a collaborative environment where a diverse array of waste professionals can gather, learn and network.
SWANA Day 2019 was a successful event with representation from all stakeholders in the solid waste industry. Our speakers addressed topics such as household hazardous waste, safety perils of cannabis in the workplace and plastics recycling and economics.
To align with current social distancing standards due to COVID19, this year, we are adapting our strategy for SWANA Day and are pleased to introduce 2020 SWANA Days; a series of virtual educational networking sessions held over three consecutive days (December 1, 2 and 3, 2020). Help SWANA close out 2020 with crucial waste-related content and virtual networking opportunities provided by SWANA Days! Potential presentation topics may include any of the following:
- Crisis and disaster management
- Zero waste and circular economy
- Organic waste reduction, collection and processing
- Financial aspects of solid waste
- Recycling, re-use and commodity markets
- Safety programs and initiatives
- Climate change (GHG)
- Transfer station and MRF opportunities
- Landfill planning and landfill leachate
- Construction and demolition waste diversion