These resources apply to operations for waste disposal and transfer stations, collection and hauling, recycling including depots (Eco-depots and recycle depots) and any other solid waste or recycling operation.
Summary of Solutions Made in BC & the Yukon
Access a summary of actions being taken in BC & and Yukon.
Summary of Updates & Resources from SWANA North America
These are a concise summary of SWANA press releases, articles and forum content.
SWANA North America information on coronavirus (COVID-19)
A Slack forum is available for all to share information in real time (you do not need to be a member to join)!
- Instructions for those who have not used Slack before: Click on the link to join on your desktop (web-based) or download the app to your mobile device (you can click the link on your mobile and it will go to the app)
- Update your name with your organization in brackets so we can see who is on slack
- Join #channels of interest and start asking the community questions. All items posted in the slack forum will also be noted in the summary of solutions.
- Invite your colleagues and peers with the link.
- Ask the slack bot if you aren’t sure how to use slack
Member Conference Call
- This call will provide information on what resources are available, shared procedures and successes and challenges and obstacles. If you would like to participate in the next call, please email [email protected]
- Recycling Council of British Columbia (RCBC)
- BC Government News
- BC Centre for Disease Control
- Coast Waste Management
- Public Health Canada
- Yukon Government
- International Solid Waste Association
BC Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy
- Waste Management as an Essential Service During COVID-19
- Environmental Compliance BC
- Waste Discharge Authorization
- Environmental Compliance Reports
- World Health Organization
- Ministry of Mental Health and Addictions
- Canadian Mental Health Association
- Health Link BC
- COVID-19 Members Meeting and Training Update – May 6, 2020
- COVID-19 Members Meeting and Training Update – April 28, 2020
- COVID-19 Resources and Training Updates – April 22, 2020
- SWANA Pacific April Updates – April 14, 2020
- COVID-19 Update – March 31, 2020
- A Message on COVID-19 from SWANA Pacific – BC & Yukon