The Comox Valley Regional District is seeking a Solid Waste Analyst Student to join the Engineering Services team on a full-time, four month term basis. The Solid Waste Analyst Student provides technical support to Waste Management Services with respect to operational impacts, environmental compliance and project implementation. Closes: April 23, 2021
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Comox Strathcona Waste Management Services, the primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Providing technical analysis and guidance for the CVRD on solid waste projects and issues;
- Preparing terms of reference and participating in the evaluation of request for proposals/quotations and construction tender bids in partnership with the Procurement department;
- Developing tools to support tracking of initiatives through project management body of knowledge principles and their application to projects;
- Prepares written and verbal reports, plans and correspondence, and provides advice on various solid waste issues as required for senior management;
- As part of a team, solid waste and communications prepares displays, presents materials and coordinates for professionals, public / community meetings, workshops and open houses as needed to address various service matters;
- Undertaking a variety of other assigned duties and projects as required.