Where & When:
- April 26, 27 & 28, 2023
- 08:00 – 17:00 PST Daily
- City of Kelowna Glenmore Landfill, Administration Building, 2720 John Hindle Drive, Kelowna, BC
About the Course
SWANA Pacific Chapter – BC & Yukon, in cooperation with the City of Kelowna’s Glenmore Landfill, are offering this 3 day hands-on training course to promote the successful operations of composting in BC and the Yukon.
Topics covered include:
- Organics Collection and Processing overview.
- What is composting and why compost?
- Feedstock Composition
- Composting – The Science, the Benefits and Challenges
- Odour Control
- Local Regulations and Organic Matter Recycling Regulations (OMRR) Updates
We have not made arrangements for preferred rates at local hotels for this course, due to requirements for the size of block we would need to be able to fill. For those who are not local and will require a hotel in the area, rates at the Ramada Hotel & Conference Center Kelowna start at $152/night for this period and rates at the Sandman Hotel & Suites Kelowna start at $143/night for this period.
Please make your reservations with one of these hotels directly:
- Ramada Hotel – 2170 Harvey Avenue, Kelowna, BC 250.860.9711
- Sandman Hotel – 2130 Harvey Avenue, Kelowna, BC 250.860.6409
What is the refund policy?
A full refund minus a $75 administration fee will be issued prior to 30 days (March 27, 2023) before the Compost Facility Operator Course. Full charge applicable thereafter. Although refunds will not be issued within 30 days of the training which the participant is registered for, substitutions ARE allowed. Please call or email request to [email protected]
Are meals included?
Lunch, snacks and drinks will be provided on the training days.
What about a tour? Do I need to bring any special equipment?
This course will include a tour of the City of Kelowna’s GlenGrow Yardwaste Facility. Students will be learning with a hands on approach at an operating facility. Both processing, handling and curing equipment will be demonstrated.
If you require additional information please contact [email protected].