Date: September 16 and 17, 2019
Where: Village Green Hotel
4801 – 27th Street, Vernon, BC
Time: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday, September 16; 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM Tuesday, September 17
SWANA Pacific Chapter is pleased to offer EcoDepot Design & Operations Training on September 16 and 17, 2019 at Village Green Hotel, located at 4801 – 27th Street, Vernon, BC. This training course is being offered in conjunction with the Southern Interior Waste Management Association’s (SIWMA) annual conference. The SIWMA conference is hosted this year by the Regional District of North Okanagan (RDNO) to share knowledge and information on various solid waste management topics, especially those that may more closely relate to Southern Interior jurisdictions. Guests and speakers shed light on issues they are encountering, new and updated regulations and successes.
This training course is a study of modern rural transfer stations and eco-depots including operations, equipment, health and safety, handling of material, site design, regulations, customer care and other issues pertaining to planning and operating transfer stations and eco-depots.
The objective of this 1.5 day training course include:
- Understanding the basics of composting and waste composition;
- Learn what changes have been made in the development of eco-depots, closing dumps and
establishing transfer stations and the operation and maintenance of transfer stations and eco-depots;
- Learn the proper management and design of the transfer station / eco-depot;
- Understand and learn the roles and responsibilities of the owners, operators and supervisors;
- Know how to organize the key components of setting up and operating collection/drop-off, storage, sorting/packaging/processing of eco-depots and transfer station functions;
- Improve the efficiency and controlling costs by way of a budget review.
Completion of this training, SWANA members will receive 8 Continuing Education Units (CEU’s).DOWNLOAD COURSE DETAILS