The Manager of Landfill Operations course provides a comprehensive study of efficient landfill operations, including site design, regulations, health and safety, cost controls and other issues to consider when planning, operating, and closing landfills.
The course includes lecture, activities, and a facility tour.
The course helps to prepare for the Manager of Landfill Operations Certification exam.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- understand the importance, purpose, characteristics, design, and equipment requirements and regulatory environment of landfills
- manage daily operational procedures
- improve landfill safety
- understand construction and surveying practices
- implement and manage effective monitoring systems
- improve efficiency and control costs
Who Should Attend?
Landfill owners, operators, managers, supervisors, foremen, as well as engineers, consultants and employees responsible for daily landfill operation.
The course manual is Manager of Landfill Operations. This comprehensive operations manual details the following topics, and more with supplemental images, graphs and examples for participants to discuss and serves as a must-have reference tool on the job.
- Landfill Basics
- Landfill Layout and Siting
- Landfill Design and Construction
- Landfill Equipment
- Landfill Operations
- Leachate and Landfill Gas Management
- Groundwater Monitoring
- Landfill Economics
- Safety Issues and Planning
- Landfill Administration
- Closure Issues
- Spring 2019 – Vancouver area [REGISTRATION COMING SOON]