Over 8,000 solid waste professionals across the United States, Canada and beyond have already discovered the Power of SWANA. With a mission to advance the practice of environmentally and economically sound management of municipal solid waste, SWANA provides education and networking opportunities to solid waste professionals in every facet of the industry, benefiting individual members while also furthering the work of the industry. Find out more about the benefits of a SWANA membership.
Become a Canadian member – it’s a great investment!! Get a feeling of what the Pacific Chapter of SWANA can offer you in addition to the SWANA International benefits. Membership rates are normally quoted in US dollars. Payment in US dollars by credit card provides you with best daily exchange rates. Alternatively SWANA calculates dollar conversion rates monthly. For the current membership rates in Canadian funds, please visit SWANA.org. Price includes 1st year dues and chapter membership.
- Public Sector Individual Member – $223 US You are eligible if you are an employee of a public agency or a non-profit or tax-exempt organization.
- Private Sector Individual Member – $418 US You are eligible if you are an employee of a for-profit organization that furnishes goods or services.
- Small Business Individual Member – $295 US You are eligible if you are an employee of a company with ten (10) or fewer full-time employees or work for an independent solid waste hauling company with an annual gross revenue of less than $10 million.
- Retired Member – $82 US You are eligible if you are retired from service (ceased full-time employment) in the field of solid waste management.
- Newly Joining Young Professionals Member – $100 US You are eligible if you are 35 years of age or younger and this is your first time joining SWANA as a working professional. Current members who qualify as young professionals should renew according to employment status – Public, Private, or Small Business members. Learn more about the Young Professionals here.
- Student Member – FREE – You are eligible if you are a full-time student (undergraduate or graduate). A copy of your current class schedule must be submitted.
Take Your Membership to the Next Level – Join a Technical Division
SWANA members may join one or more Technical Divisions.
- Collection & Transfer
- Communication Education & Marketing
- Landfill Gas Management
- Landfill Management
- Planning & Management
- Waste to Energy
- Sustainable Materials Management
First Technical Division Subscriptions: $45 US per division
Please check the professional interest sections that best describe your primary areas of responsibility to receive e-newsletters and invitations to education programs.
Membership offers a world of benefits – both at the Chapter and International levels.
- Knowledge Resources: Find technical papers and presentations from SWANA conferences and symposia, learn about current US and Canadian legislation, and read SWANA’s technical policies using our virtual resource, SWANA’s eLibrary. SWANA members receive a complimentary subscription to MSW Management Magazine; a bi-monthly solid waste publication that helps you stay up-to-date on the latest trends and management of technology and issues in the solid waste field.
- Professional Development: Have you explored the cutting edge, content rich education opportunities from SWANA? Join SWANA to experience learning like never before! We have gathered industry professionals, solid waste experts, and innovative leaders to deliver programs that focus on all the different aspects of solid waste management. Take part in our e-learning programs and experience one of SWANA’s greatest benefits! SWANA’s Career Center, available at careers.swana.org, allows employers to seek out qualified applicants of all levels.Job seekers can browse through many different job opportunities and post their resumes. The SWANA Career Center hosts the best solid waste specific jobs currently available!
- Credentialing: Set your self apart from your peers and distinguish yourself as an experienced solid waste professional by being a SWANA Member and becoming SWANA Certified. Nationally recognized, SWANA certification has become a benchmark in the solid waste field. SWANA certification is designed to elevate professional standards and provide opportunities for industry professionals to advance their careers. This program is one of the most respected and sought-after designations in the industry.
- Networking: Tap into some of the best minds in the industry – SWANA Members.
- Members Only Section: Easily find solid waste professionals through our Online Membership Directory.
- SWANA Chapters: Experience SWANA on a local level. Led by dedicated volunteers, each chapter works hard to keep their members informed. Many chapters have their own newsletters, host local tours and events, provide training opportunities, and advise their elected officials on behalf of the profession.
- SWANA’s Annual Training and Symposia: Attend one of SWANA’s many conferences, and take part in our premier education and exhibition opportunities for the Solid Waste industry. In an annual survey of SWANA’s members, the symposia rank among the most highly appreciated components of the SWANA networking opportunities.
- WASTECON: The only solid waste conference that is run by and for solid waste professionals, brings thousands of members together for training courses, technical sessions, networking opportunities, and an exhibit showcase. Held annually in the fall, WASTECON is SWANA’s flagship event and has over 10 training courses & 50 technical sessions!
What makes the Pacific Chapter tick? Your membership. The Chapter sets goals every year and the President of the Pacific Chapter reports out on these. Click here to read the most recent President’s Message. See why our membership levels are at historic highs.