Change: Where Do We Go From Here?
The SWANA Pacific Chapter (BC & Yukon) is holding its 2018 Conference & Tradeshow on May 17 & 18, 2018 at the Anvil Centre in New Westminster, BC.
Stay at the beautiful Inn at the Quay and enjoy the spectacular riverfront area of Western Canada’s oldest city!
The world of solid waste management is changing more quickly than ever with the effects of the sharing economy, international recycling markets, new waste collection and processing technologies, and changes in the funding, measurement and politics of solid waste. The SWANA Pacific 2018 Conference & Tradeshow CHANGE: WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE? will bring you the most up-to-date, relevant, and useful news, ideas, and trends in waste reduction, recycling, processing, and disposal.
Call for Presentations
We are inviting you to submit abstracts of presentations that will engage the audience and provide them with unique approaches and practices that they can take home and potentially apply in the communities they serve.
Possible topics for papers include:
- New Trends, Policies and Methods in Waste Prevention
- Changing Local and International Recycling Markets
- Funding and Regulation of Waste
- Efficiency in Collection and Processing
- Safety for Operations and Waste handling
- Public Education, Social Media, and Behaviour Change
- Collection Methods and Logistics
- Organics Diversion, Composting, Digestion, & Feed Production
- MRFs and Waste Processing
- C&D and Disaster Debris Management
- RDF, Biofuels and Energy Recovery
- Landfill Design and Operations
- Length should be 200 to 400 words with a title of 15 words or less.
- Should provide the background to the issue(s) discussed, objectives of the initiative, methodology used and conclusions/recommendations.
- Should include the title of the presentation and the names of the author(s) and presenter(s) with a brief presenter bio and full contact information.
- Abstracts should be submitted by email to: email@example.com by December 11, 2017
All selected presenters will be eligible to register for the conference at a discounted presenter rate.
Authors may submit more than one abstract, however not all abstracts will necessarily be chosen. Authors of accepted presentations will be notified if their presentation is accepted in January, 2018.
Student presentations will be included in the conference and a student registration rate will be available.
Conference presentations will be included in the proceedings (posted on the SWANA Pacific web page).Anvil Centre Inn at Westminster Quay Rivermarket